Friday, April 20, 2007

Giving Our Burdens Over To God

Sometimes I get busy with the things of life and neglect coming to worship God. When this happens I usually come to a moment where I am so burned out on living that I have no other choice but to come to him for healing and restoration. And even though I should have came to him before, he is there waiting for me with open arms.

If he wasn't waiting I would be afraid of him. But because I understand this now, after 12 years of being a Christian, I am able to enjoy him in this time when I need him most. Sometimes we think God has a scorecard and he is keeping track of all the things we have done wrong. But Romans 8:1 states, "There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."

The last time I came to my Heavenly Father burned out on living His presence brougth me to tears. I needed to release my burdens and let go. For it is when we do this that we can experience what Jesus talked about when he said, "For my yoke is easy and my burden is light (Matt. 11:30, NIV)."

For he tells us, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls (Matt. 11:28-29)."

We just have to take Him on His word. When we do this we are released from trying to do things on our own strength and allow room for God to move in and work in us.

CAPTION: "Photo courtesy www.copyrightfreephotos.com."

No comments:

Post a Comment