Saturday, September 16, 2006

Waiting on the Lord

CAPTION: "Photo courtesy PDPhoto.org."

"Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD; O Lord, hear my voice.
Let your ears be attentive to my cry for mercy. If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins,
O Lord, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness; therefore you are feared.
I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning."
- Psalm 130:1-6, NIV

"Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!" - Isaiah 30:18, NIV

What a beautiful picture of waiting on the Lord. Heavenly Father I, too, desire to wait on you and put my hope in you. May your Spirit remind me of how much you love me and desire to bless me. Help me to be like the watchman who waits for the morning. May I desire your presence in my life with the same intensity and longing as the watchman. I choose to cling to your word and put my hope in you. Help me to do this consistently in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment