Monday, September 18, 2006

Precious in His sight

CAPTION: "Photo courtesy PDPhoto.org." A big tree from Sequoia Park.

I came across this photo on pdphoto.org and it made me think about just how humbling it feels to be surrounded by God's majestic creation. When I went to Yosemite last year and climbed Half Dome and looked down I realized how tiny I was in comparison to God's creation. Beauty surrounded me all around.

On our way up to Half Dome we could see people climbing the steep dome. They looked like tiny ants. Being in the midst of such beauty was a very humbling experience for me. But it is even more humbling to know that God despite how tiny we must be in his eyes still thinks of us as precious in his sight. Wow!

"How precious are your thoughts about me, O God! They are innumerable! I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up in the morning, you are still with me!" - Psalm 139:17-18 (NLT)

"The trees of the LORD are well watered, the cedars of Lebanon that he planted. There the birds make their nests; the stork has its home in the pine trees." - Psalms 104:16-17 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment