Thursday, October 12, 2006

Living in the Light

CAPTION: "Photo courtesy www.copyrightfreephotos.com."

Allowing God access into every area of our life can be difficult. I find myself, at times, trying to find ways to avoid his light from shining on a particular area of my life. And my attempts are usually very subtle. I can hear that voice in my mind saying, "Eddie give this to God and find out what he thinks."

I tell myself I am busy and that seeking his will can wait. I then allow myself to get busy with activities to drown out that voice. Many of us are very good at drowning out that voice that we can barely recall what it sounds like. Others of us are more aware of the amount of oil in our car than what is going on in our heart and our spiritual walk.

If I am honest with myself the reason I don't sit and listen to the voice is that I don't want to give something up and/or I fear change. As tough as it may be sometimes to let go and let God it is always in my best interest, but I seem to forget that.

I am continually working on learning the discipline of listening to that voice because I believe that God wants to tell me something many times and I just plain miss it. When I have listened and asked God for wisdom in the past it has always benefited my life. The next time I hear that voice I will try to not run away from it but run towards it. I hope that I find God there and his wisdom to mold me into the person he wants me to be.

"Let your face shine on your servant; save me in your unfailing love." - Psalm 31:16 (NIV)

"If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth." - 1 John 1:6 (NIV)

"You groped your way through that murk once, but no longer. You're out in the open now. The bright light of Christ makes your way plain. So no more stumbling around. Get on with it! The good, the right, the true—these are the actions appropriate for daylight hours. Figure out what will please Christ, and then do it." - Ephesians 5:8-10 (The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment